Clover Classic Tangy Mayo
Clover Mac, Cheese Crunch Cubes with Clover Classic Mayo Dipping Sauce
Recipe by Zach Abrahams
·1/2 cup Butter
·3/4 cup +1 cup Flour
·2 cupsClover fresh milk
·500g Macaroni Pasta
·100g Clover cheddar cheese, grated
·1 Tbls Smoked Paprika
·6-8 leaves Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
·2 Tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
·2 Eggs, whisked
·2 cups Breadcrumbs
Classic Mayonnaise Spicy Dipping sauce:
·1 cup Clover Classic Mayonnaise
·4 Spring onions
·1-2 Tbls Parmesan, grated
·2 Tbls Basil, chopped
·2 Tbls Chives, chopped
·1 Lemon Zest
·1 Tbls Chilli sauce
1. Combine the Clover Butter and flour in a pot, stir for 2 minutes, then slowly stir in the milk. Bring to the boil and simmer, still stirring, until thickened.
2. Add the cheese and stir until it melts and the sauce is smooth.
3. Add the cooked macaroni and stir until well combined then follow with chopped fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, smoked paprika and seasoning.
4. While the mac and cheese mixture is still hot, pour a 5cm layer into a greased baking tray or ceramic baking dish. Press into the corners and flatten the top.
5. Allow to cool and then refrigerate overnight until the cheese sauce is thickened and firm enough to crumb. Portion into 5cm cubes.
6. Assemble the seasoned flour, whisked egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Coat the cubes in flour, egg and then breadcrumbs, repeat crumbing process and refrigerate again for 1 hour.
7. Deep fry the Mac and Cheese cubes in oil until golden brown, allow oil to drain on some paper towel.
8. To make the Classic Mayo sauce, mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and serve with Crunch Cubes.