Clover Classic BBQ Glazed Meatloaf
Classic BBQ Glazed Meatloaf
Recipe by Zach Abrahams
· 2 Onions, chopped
· 3 cloves Garlic,grated
· 500g Beef Mince
· 1 cup Breadcrumbs, dry
· ¾ cup Classic Plain Yoghurt based dairy snack
· 1 Egg,beaten
· 3 Tbls + 3 Tbls Tomato ketchup
· 2 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
· ½ cup Flat leaf parsley,chopped
· 1 Tbls Chutney,smooth
· 2 Tbls Brown Sugar
· 1 Tbls Red Wine Vinegar
1. Begin by pre heating the oven to 180 C and allow the mince to warm to room temperature for best results.
2. Slowly caramalise the onions with a splash of cooking oil or butter, once the onions are opaque and sweet smelling, add the garlic and continue to cook for a further 5 mins.
3. Allow the onions and garlic to cool slightly, then combine well with the beef mince, breadcrumbs, Classic Plain, egg, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley and seasoning.
4. Carefully line a baking tin with baking paper, and then push the beef mixture firmly into the baking tin. Smooth the top over and prepare the bbq glaze.
5. In a small mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, red wine vinegar, chutney and 3 Tbls tomato sauce until the brown sugar is dissolved. Evenly spread the glaze over the top of the meat loaf and add to the pre heated oven for 55 mins. Allow the meat loaf to cool for 10 mins before removing from the loaf pan (using the baking paper) and slicing.
· Once the meatloaf mixture is in the loaf pan, wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks. Allow to thaw safely and slowly in the fridge overnight and then out of the fridge while the oven heats up.