Clover Butro Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea Salad
Moroccan Chicken with Chickpea salad, Cous Cous and Clover Butro Oil
Recipe by Zach Abrahams
- Chicken Breasts 4-6
- Clover Butro Oil 2 Tbl
- Powdered Cumin 2 tsp + 2 tsp
- Powdered Coriander 2 tsp + 2 tsp
- Red Onion, sliced 1-2
- Green or Black Olives, halved ¾ cup
- Oranges, sliced 1
- Chicken stock 1 cup
- Season the chicken breasts well with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and flour. Preheat a heavy bottomed pot or pan to a med-high heat, add a touch of Butro oil and the chicken breasts. Try not to move them around for at least 2 mins or golden brown on the seared side, turn the chicken over and repeat. Remove the breasts from the pan and set aside for later (the chicken should still be uncooked in the centre).
- Add the red onion, orange slices and green olives to the same pan, cook for 2mins while stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the chicken stock. When it begins to simmer, add the semi cooked chicken breasts back into the pan for a further 5 mins or until cooked through. Season the sauce to taste.
Aromatic Cous Cous
- Cous Cous 500g
- Thyme leaves,picked 1 tsp
- Lemon, zested 1
- Sumac spice 1 tbls
- Place the Cous Cous into a large bowl or pot along with the thyme, lemon zest, sumac and seasoning, mix well. Heat 500ml water in a kettle until just before it boils, then pour over the cous cous and lightly mix so that all the cous cous is in contact with the hot water. Cover the bowl/pot with cling film and allow to stand for 10-15 mins in a warm spot of the kitchen.
- Remove the cling film and using a fork or whisk, loosen the cous cous grains.
Chickpea Crunch Salad
- Chickpeas, tinned 1 can
- Butro oil 1 tbls + 2 tbls
- Paprika 1 tbls
- Red wine Vinegar 1 tbls
- Honey 1 tbls
- Cumin Powder 2 tsp
- Fresh mint small handful
- Fresh Coriander small handful
- Rocket leaves 80g
- Carrots, grated 2
- Almonds, sliced and toasted 50g
- Feta cheese, cubed 2 rounds
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander then pour them onto a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbls Butro oil and seasoning. Roast the chickpeas at 200 C for 10-15 mins or until the chickpeas are slightly browning and crispy. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with paprika and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add the remaining 2 tbls of Butro oil, red wine vinegar, honey, cumin powder, mint and coriander, stir until semi combined.
- To the dressing, add the grated carrot, feta, almonds and 1/3 of the cooled chickpeas. Mix well.
- Begin assembling with a layer of rocket, the carrot and feta mix and then the crispy chickpeas. Repeat the layering process 1 more time and enjoy this festival of North African flavor and texture.