Woolworths Valentine's Giveaway
How to enter:
Go to the Woolworths website and click on the Valentine's Day tab and select your 3 favourite foodie Valentines Day gifts. Let us know what those items are on the Woolworths competition post that is posted on the Afternoon Express Facebook page during the competition period.
Competition opens: 14 Feb 2017 at 17:00pm
Competition closes: 14 Feb 2017 at 23:59pm
Terms and Conditions Apply!
AFTERNOON EXPRESS WOOLWORTHS VALENTINES DAY - TERMS AND CONDITIONSImportant clauses which may limit our responsibility, place an obligation on you to indemnify us, involve an acknowledgment of any fact or involve some risk for you will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- The Afternoon Express Woolworths Valentines day Competition (Competition) will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) Ltd in association with Woolworths (Pty) Ltd (Organisers/we/us/our).
- Each person entering the Competition (entrants/you/your) and/or accepting a Prize in terms of this Competition agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on him/her.
- Competition Period
Entries for the Competition will open at 17h00 on Tuesday, 14 February 2017 and will close at 23:59 on Tuesday, 14 February 2017 (Competition Period).
- Who can enter
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- you must be a legal, permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- you must be at least 13 (thirteen) years of age or older;
- if you are younger that 18 (eighteen) years of age, you must be assisted by a parent/legal guardian, who approves of, and consents to you entering the Competition and to your possession and use of the prize; and
- you must be a natural person.
- Notwithstanding clause 3.1, you are not eligible to enter this Competition if:
- you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Organisers, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Organisers;
- you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 3.2.1; or
- you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- How to Enter
- Go to the Woolworths website and click on the Valentines Day tab and select your 3 favourite foodie Valentines Day gifts. Let us know what those items are on the Woolworths Competition post that is posted on the Afternoon Express Facebook page during the Competition Period. Only entries received during the Competition Period will be considered.
- Once you meet the requirements set out in clause 3 above and this clause 4, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- There is no restriction on the number of times you may enter, provided that each entry is unique (i.e. not the same answer).
- No automated entries will be allowed. Entries must be made manually by a natural person.
- If your entry is submitted in a manner that in the sole discretion of the Organisers will provide you with an unfair advantage over other entrants, you will be disqualified from the Competition.
- You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
- How the winners are determined
- A panel of judges, who are appointed by us, will select 1 (one) person (Winner) from all valid entries as winner of the Competition within 2 (two) days from the closing date of the Competition, subject to clauses 5.2 and 7.2. The Winner will be the entrant who is determined in the sole and unfettered discretion of the judges as the entrant who submitted the most creative post with knowledge of Woolworths food products.
- We will notify the Winner by commenting on the Winner's entry post within 1 (one) day from determination of the Winner to request a copy of his/her identification document in order to validate his/her entry and to request further contact details. The Winner shall be required to provide an electronic copy of his/her identification document within 3 (three) days from being requested by us, failing which the Winner will forfeit the Prize and have no claim against us.
- If a Winner does not reply to the notification message sent by us by within 3 (three) days from it being sent by us, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and will have no claim against us. In the event of a forfeiture as contemplated herein, we shall have the right to select a different entrant on the same conditions.
- The Winner may also be announced live on Afternoon Express and on the Afternoon Express website and social media pages once the Winner is confirmed.
- The Prizes
- The Winner will receive 1 (one) X R1000 (one thousand rand) Woolworths (Gift Card / Prize)
- The Prize excludes all items not mentioned in clause 6.1.
- The Gift Card may be presented as payment for purchases at participating Woolworths stores and use of the Gift Card shall be subject to standard terms and conditions for such gift cards as promulgated by Woolworths.
- Purchases can be made using the Gift Card until the value reaches zero. The Gift Card cannot be reloaded.
- The value in the Gift Card is only exchangeable for purchases at selected Woolworths stores and may not be refunded or redeemed for cash. No cash will be given.
- We will contact the Winner to receive all necessary information to deliver the Prize and the Prize shall be delivered to the Winner at an address within the Republic of South Africa within 20 (twenty) business days from confirmation of the Winner, unless otherwise agreed.
- We reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- Any reference to the Organisers/we/us/our includes the directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants of the Organisers, where the context allows for it.
- The Winner will only be confirmed once a valid copy of his/her identification document is received and a validation process has taken place.
- The Organisers' decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prize or we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prize, we reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Winner.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the Organisers in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- You warrant that your entry does not contain any material that may reasonably or generally be deemed to be derogatory or offensive to other persons. We reserve the right to remove any post from any media platform controlled by us should we in our sole and absolute discretion deem any material contained in your entry to be derogatory or offensive.
- We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry as well as to contact you to offer you products and, if you are a Winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to us processing your personal information for these purposes and you specifically and expressly consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes.
- We assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or the Winner not successfully receiving or taking up the Prize. Once the Winner accepts the Prize, the Winner accepts the Prize at his/her own risk.
- We assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or any Prize awarded in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising. All persons, whilst participating in this Competition, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damage, harm or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained as a result of any claim, costs, expense, loss or damages which may be made by any third party.
- If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Twitter and any correspondence related to the Competition should be directed at us and not Facebook or Twitter.