Sun Met Competition Giveaway
THE AFTERNOON EXPRESS SUN MET COMPETITION GIVE-AWAY
How to enter:
Enter the Competition by replying to the Afternoon Express competition post on the Afternoon Express Facebook page (www.facebook.com/afternoonexpress.sabc3), by commenting which date Afternoon Express will be broadcasting the 2020 SUN MET and who you would take along with you.
This Competition is open to Cape Town based residents.
COMPETITION GIVE-AWAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important clauses which may limit our responsibility, place an obligation on you to indemnify us, involve an acknowledgment of any fact or involve some risk for you will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- The Afternoon Express SUN MET competition give-away (Competition) will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) Ltd (collectively the organisers/we/us/our).
- Each person entering the Competition (entrants/you/your) and/or accepting a Prize in terms of this Competition agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on him/her.
- Competition Period
- Entries for the Competition will open at 15h00 on Thursday, 23 January 2020 and will close at 23h59 on Thursday, 23 January 2020 (Competition Period).
- Who can enter
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- you must be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older; and
- you must be a natural person.
- Notwithstanding clause 3.1, you are not eligible to enter this Competition if:
- you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- How to Enter
- Enter the Competition by replying to the Afternoon Express competition post on the Afternoon Express Facebook page (www.facebook.com/afternoonexpress.sabc3), by commenting which date Afternoon Express will be broadcasting the 2020 SUN MET and who you would take along with you, within the Competition Period.
- Once you meet the requirements set out in clause 3 above and this clause 4, you will automatically be entered into the draw.
- There is no restriction on the number of times you may enter, provided that each entry is unique (i.e. not the same tips or combinations).
- No automated entries will be allowed. Entries must be made manually by a natural person.
- If your entry is submitted in a manner that in the sole discretion of the Organisers will provide you with an unfair advantage over other entrants, you will be disqualified from the Competition.
- You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
- How the Winner is determined
- We will randomly draw 5 (five) entrants (Winners) by means of a random draw within 24 (twenty-four) hours after the Competition Period closes.
- We will contact the Winners within 1 (one) day by sending them an inbox message to the account they used to enter the competition. If a Winner does not respond within 2 (two) days from the prize draw, and after we have made at least 3 (three) attempts to contact the Winner, that Winner will forfeit the Prize and we shall have the right to select a different Winner on the same conditions except that we will only be required to make 1 (one) attempt to contact each further Winner drawn.
- The Winner will be required to provide a copy of his/her Identification Document as required in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008. If the Winner fails to provide a copy of his/her Identification Document within 3 (three) days from being requested to do so, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and shall have no claim against us.
- The Prize
- The Winners will each receive 2 (two) general access tickets to the 2020 SUN MET taking place on 01 February 2020, valued at approximately R300.00 (three hundred rand), as well as 2 (two) nights’ accommodation for 2 (two) adults, at the Sun International Cullinan Hotel in Cape Town, which includes breakfast, valued at approximately R9 000.00 (nine thousand rand) (Prize). Flights, transport and/or transfers to and from Cape Town and to and from the Sun Met event are specifically excluded and will be for the Winners’ accounts should such Winners not reside in Cape Town.
- The Prize excludes all items not mentioned in clause 6.1 and may differ from images or items used in marketing material for the Competition. This exclusion includes any transport and/or transfers to and from the Sun Met and/or Sun International Cullinan Hotel, which costs will be for the Winners’ account.
- We will contact the Winner per telephone to obtain all necessary information or to make all necessary arrangements for delivery or collection of the Prize and the Prize shall be delivered or made available for collection to/by the Winner at an address within the Republic of South Africa within (one) week from confirmation of the Winner and in time for redemption in terms of clause 6.1.
- The Prize, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash, nor any other item. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- Any reference to the organisers includes the directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of the organisers, where the context allows for it.
- In case of a dispute regarding the identity of a Winner herein, the person whose Facebook account was used to enter the Competition will be deemed the Winner, even though the entry post may have been made by another individual to enter the Competition.
- The organisers' decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prize or we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prize, we reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Winner.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the organisers in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry as well as to contact you for marketing purposes and, if you are a Winner, to make the Prize available to you. The process of contacting a Winner/s may also be handled by third party sponsors and/or partners involved in the competition. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to us processing your personal information for these purposes.
- We assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or the Winner not successfully receiving or taking up the Prize.
- Once the Winners accepts the Prize, such Winners accepts such Prizes at his/her own risk.
- We assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or any use of the Prize awarded in terms of the Competition. All persons, entering this Competition, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damage, harm, death or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained as a result of his/her participation in this Competition and/or his/her use of the Prize, or the use of the Prize by a third party.
- If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.