Standard Bank 'Get A Quote' Giveaway
How to Enter: SMS the relevant keyword during the SBIB Insurance Insert on Afternoon Express to '31492'.
Opens: Tuesday, 31 August 2021 at 00h01
Closes: Sunday, 19 December 2021 at 23h59
STANDARD INSURANCE brokers proprietary LIMITED (SBIB/WE/US/OUR)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN RESPECT OF THE GET A QUOTE COMPETITION (COMPETITION)
Important clauses, which may limit our responsibility; place an obligation on you to indemnify us; involve an acknowledgment of any fact; or involve some risk for you, will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
The Competition starts at 00:01 on Tuesday, 31 August 2021 and ends at 23:59 on Sunday 19 December 2021 (Competition Period).
To qualify as an entrant into this Competition you must meet the following requirements:
- be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older; and
- permanently reside in the Republic of South Africa.
Draw 1 will take place on 13 September 2021. The Winner will be notified on 16 September 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 7 October 2021.
- HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the Competition, you will need to get a telephonic insurance quote from us as follows:
- watch the Afternoon Express Show on SABC 3 (the Afternoon Show) during the Competition Period;
- sms the relevant keyword as seen during the SBIB insurance insert on the Afternoon Show to 31492 (free and bundled sms’s do not apply); and
- receive a call back from us with an insurance quote.
- You may enter the Competition as many times as you would like, as long as you follow the steps in clause 3.1 to obtain a telephonic insurance quote for a different insurance product each time.
- You will not be eligible to win more than one Prize.
- There are no forms to fill in and once you meet the requirements set out in clause 2 above and this clause 3, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- The names of entrants meet the requirements in clause 3 will go into a lucky draw for the week/s that they have entered. There will be eight lucky draws, to be held over eight weeks.
- Eight entrants stand a chance to each win a Samsung S21 smartphone to the value of R19 000.00 (nineteen thousand Rand) each (Prizes).
- In addition to the Prize, if a Prize winner wishes to receive 100GB of Standard Bank Mobile Data over 12 (twelve) months (8.3GB per month) from the date on which the Standard Bank Mobile SIM card is activated*** (Additional Prize), a Prize winner must either open a MyMo account and keep it active OR use their existing Standard Bank transactional bank account TO apply for and activate a Standard Bank Mobile SIM. Once the Standard Bank Mobile SIM is registered and activated, the Prize winner will receive the Additional Prize.
- The application and registration of the Standard Bank Mobile SIM are subject to terms and conditions, which Prize winners must comply with in order to receive the Additional Prize. These terms and conditions are set out in clause 5 below.
- STANDARD BANK MOBILE SIM TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF ADDITIONAL PRIZE
- ***Standard Bank Mobile SIM card activation as required in terms of clause 4.3 above must be done within 60 (sixty) days of receiving the Standard Bank Mobile SIM card and phone Prize. If a Prize winner activates the Standard Bank Mobile SIM card after 60 (sixty) days, they will only receive a pro-rated remainder of the full 100GB allocation.
- Prize winners must apply and order the Standard Bank Mobile SIM via the website mobile.standardbank.co.za after they open their MyMo account or with their existing Standard Bank transactional bank account.
- To qualify for the Additional Prize, Prize winners must:
- be a natural person (that is, not a company or other juristic person);
- not be in breach of your obligations to us, for example, all amounts that you owe us must be paid, collectively referred to as the Qualifying Criteria.
- If Prize winners meet all the Qualifying Criteria, they will qualify for the Additional Prize.
- The Standard Bank Mobile SIM card is required by law to be compliant in terms of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-related Information Act 70 of 2002 (RICA) and for this, all Additional Prize winners will need to provide the courier with a copy of their South African identity documents on delivery of the Additional Prize.
- Once the Standard Bank Mobile SIM card is activated, the 100GB data will be allocated proportionally over 12 (twelve) months (8.3GB per month) – the monthly allocated amount is valid for 30 (thirty) days from date of allocation.
- Monthly data will be allocated to your SIM by the 9th day of each month and will be valid for 30 (thirty) days, after which it will expire.
- Once the Standard bank Mobile SIM card has activated, the winner must share the SIM card number with Standard Bank Mobile so that the Additional Prize can be allocated.
- As a Standard Bank Mobile SIM holder and MyMo Account holder, you may also qualify for various other promotional offers. For further information, please see our website at https://mobile.standardbank.co.za/terms-and-conditions.
- LUCKY DRAW PROCESS AND GENERAL
- We are the promoter of the Competition. Any reference to we/us/our includes our directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants, where the context allows for it.
- You are not eligible to participate in this Competition if:
- you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of ours; or
- you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 5.2.1.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, which will apply to this Competition and all other information relating to this Competition (including any promotional or advertising material that is published).
- By entering this Competition all entrants agree to be bound by:
- these terms and conditions; and
- any third-party supplier terms and conditions.
- We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry and if you are a Prize winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you consent to us processing your personal information for this purpose. If you do not consent to us processing your personal information, please do not enter this Competition.
- No entry will be considered to be valid until a validation process has taken place.
- The Prize winners will be chosen by means of eight lucky draws conducted by our risk assurance partners. The dates of the respective draws as well as the dates on which the Prize winners will be notified and receive their Prizes are set out below:
Draw 2 will take place on 27 September 2021. The Winner will be notified on 30 September 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 21 October 2021.
Draw 3 will take place on 11 October 2021. The Winner will be notified on 14 October 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 4 November 2021.
Draw 4 will take place on 25 October 2021. The Winner will be notified on 28 October 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 18 November 2021.
Draw 5 will take place on 8 November 2021. The Winner will be notified on 11 November 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 2 December 2021.
Draw 6 will take place on 22 November 2021. The Winner will be notified on 25 November 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 16 December 2021.
Draw 7 will take place on 6 December 2021. The Winner will be notified on 9 December 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 30 December 2021.
Draw 8 will take place on 20 December 2021. The Winner will be notified on 23 December 2021. The Prize will be available to the winner by 13 January 2021.
we reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Prize winner.
- The first valid entry drawn during each draw will win a Prize.
- Where relevant, if:
- an entrant is not contactable for whatever reason;
- an entrant does not accept the Prize within a period of 14 days from the date on which any lucky draw takes place;
- an entry is not valid for whatever reason;
- an entrant has breached these terms and conditions;
- an entrant renounces the Prize or we deem such entrant to have renounced the Prize,
- In the event of a dispute, our decision will be final and binding on all aspects of the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We will be entitled to publish each Prize winner’s name and photograph in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material (the nature and manner of such releases to be determined within our sole discretion), for a period of twelve months from the date of announcing such Prize winner. Each Prize winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images and to participate in our marketing material insofar as it relates to the Competition.
- The Prize is not transferable and may not be exchanged for any other item. We do however reserve the right to substitute the Prize with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- We assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in an entrant’s entry not being successfully submitted and/or a Prize winner not successfully receiving or taking up a Prize. Once a Prize winner accepts a Prize, such Prize winner accepts such Prize at his/her own risk.
- We assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from an entrant's participation and/or any Prize awarded in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising. All persons, whilst participating in this Competition, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any loss, damage, harm or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained as a result of any claim, costs, expense, loss or damages which may be made by any third party.
- If required by the Minister for Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.