(Image source: https://tipbuzz.com)
Coconut Panna Cotta with lemon curd jelly
Recipe by: Carla Kleinsmit
8g powdered gelatin
1 can coconut milk, divided
1 can coconut cream
¼ cup maple flavoured syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla paste
Coconut flakes, toasted
- Coat 4 ramekins with a layer of coconut oil to prepare
- In a small bowl place the gelatine powder and bloom with ½ cup of the coconut milk after whisking it smooth
- Over low heat in a saucepan place the rest of the coconut milk, coconut cream, syrup, vanilla and heat until simmering
- Whisk in the bloomed gelatine, make sure it is fully dissolved.
- Place the mixture into the ramekins leaving space open at the top.
- Let it set for at least 4-6 hours/overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, top off the panna cotta with a generous layer of lemon curd and sprinkle with coconut flakes and fresh berries.
SMS the keyword “TREAT” to 33650 to get the recipe sent to your device. SMS’s cost R1.50 and free SMS’s do not apply.
Disclaimer: The recipe will only be available via SMS for 24 hours.
© Copyright 2015 Afternoon Express