500g Selati white granulated sugar
1 pinch salt
- Place the sugar, milk, butter/margarine and salt into a saucepan to dissolve the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent sticking at the bottom until the colour of the mixture changes to golden in colour, soft and thick in texture (drop 1 tsp of the mixture into cold water and it should form a ball). Remove from heat and place the saucepan into a sink of cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Beat the fudge mixture for 5-10 minutes until thick. Tip the fudge mixture into a prepared tin and smooth the surface. Allow to cool. When completely cool and set, cut the fudge into desired shapes for edible gifts
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over the fudge falong with sprinkles for decoration
- Fold in some of your favourite nuts before allowing the mixture to completely set