Sea Harvest Fish Fingers Sushi
Fish finger sushi
X2 cups cooked sushi rice
X4 sheets nori (optional)
X8 baked Sea Harvest Fish fingers, sliced in half lengthways
X8 strips of cucumber
X8 slices of avo
X3 T black or white sesame seeds, or both (optional)
Place one sheet of nori on a flat surface and press approximately ½ c sushi rice across the surface of the nori, all the way to the edges.
Place a piece of plastic wrap over the rice and invert on top of a sushi mat of damp towel, so that the seaweed is side up.
Place 2 pieces of fish fingers, 2 strips of cucmber and 2 slices of avo along one side of the nori.
Pick up the edge of the rolling mat or towel from the fish finger mixture and tightly roll up the sushi.
Press some sesame seeds into the rice on the sushi roll and slice the sushi.
Serve with salad and dipping sauce
Fish finger spring rolls
X3-4 sheets phyllo pastry
X5-6 Sea Harvest fish fingers, baked, sliced in half lengthways
Red and yellow peppers, sliced into strips
¼ red or whote cabbage, shredded
1-2 carrots, jullienned and pickled
2 spring onions, finely sliced lengthways
Melted butter for brushing
Preheat the oven to 180.
Pickle liquid for carrots: ½ c white vinegar, 1 T sugar, salt,chopped red chili and ½ c water. Bring to a boil in a saucepan and pour over carrots.
Cut the phyllo pastry into squares and layer 2-3 sheets cut squares on top of each other, bushing with melted butter with each layer. To one side of the squares, add the fish fingers and the vegetables in layers. Roll up the ends inwards and roll up the filling into thick cigar like shapes.
Brush more melted butter over the top and add sesame seeds. Bake in the oven or air fryer and serve with dipping sauce of choice.
Dipping sauce: ¼ c soy sauce, 1 chilli, chopped, sesame oil, garlic, spring onion, hoisin sauce, ginger and sugar.
Pickled Ginger, Cucumber and Carrot Salad with Wasabi Avo Mousse
Recipe by Josh Wiid
1 Cucumber, cut into ribbons
1 bunch Rainbow Carrots, cut into ribbons
1 jar Sushi / Pickled Ginger
1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
2 Avo’s, peeled and pip out
1 tbsp Wasabi Paste
2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
Pea Shoots to garnish
· Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips of cucumber and rainbow carrots into a bowl. This will form the base of the salad.
· Separate the ginger from the liquid, keeping both. Add 3 tbsp of liquid to the bowl of carrots and cucumbers to infuse. While you wait, finely slice the ginger and add to the bowl.
· Add the rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt. Mix through gently, but thoroughly, and allow to stand for 10 minutes in the fridge.
· While you wait, place the avo, wasabi, lime juice and salt in a blender, and blits until smooth. Place in a piping bag for later use.
· Remove the salad from the bowl, and shake off any excess dressing. Add to a platter, followed by dollops of the wasabi avo puree. Garnish with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, and a scattering of pea shoots. Enjoy!