Quick Chicken "Pasta"
Quick Chicken “Pasta”
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
12 deboned chicken thighs, cut into 3 and seasoned well with salt and pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
1 leek, finely chopped
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup cream
1tsp dried Italian herbs
1tbls Dijon mustard
for the “pasta”:
600g courgettes, sliced into ribbons with a potato peeler
1. Melt the butter in a large pan and brown the chicken until it is golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Turn the heat down to medium and add the onion, leek, celery and garlic to the pan and gently fry until they are soft.
3. Add the white wine and let it simmer and reduce by half.
4. Add the chicken stock and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Finely add the cream, dried herbs and mustard and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes.
6. Add the chicken to the sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
7. To make the noodles: Melt the butter in a large frying pan and toss the courgette through. Keep frying until the courgettes are warmed through. This should be
8. Serve the chicken poured over the courgettes.
Chef & Author
Website : realmealrevolution.com