Macadamia and Cranberry Nougat
Caesarstone macadamia and cranberry nougat
2 pieces rice paper or edible paper or baking paper coated with a dusting of cornflour
2 egg whites
440g icing sugar
2 Tbsp liquid glucose
3 Tbsp honey
4 Tbsp water
150g macadamia nuts
100g dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Place the nuts on a baking sheet, bake for 7–8 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Line the sides and base of a 20cm square baking pan with rice paper.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a heatproof bowl until stiff.
5. Combine the sugar, glucose, honey and water in a small saucepan. Stir over very low heat until the mixture reaches 140°C on a thermometer. This should take about 3–5 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat. While whisking, drizzle the syrup into the egg white and continue whisking until the mixture is glossy and thick. The mixture will turn a pale beige colour.
7. Stir in the toasted nuts and dried fruit, then spread the mixture over the rice paper in the prepared pan, pressing it down well.