Clover Feta Cheese and Red pepper Asparagus
Clover Feta Cheese and Red pepper Slathered Asparagus with Smoked Salmon
Recipe by Zach Abrahams
6 Red Peppers
¼ c Olive Pride Blend
1T Smoked Paprika
10 stalks Fresh Asparagus
2 rounds Clover Feta Cheese
100g Smoked Salmon Ribbons
1. Preheat oven on grill setting to the highest temperature it can go. Begin by slicing off the top and bottom of the peppers and cut each pepper into quarters, remove the seeds and the white membrane.
2. Place the pepper pieces skin side up on a tinfoil lined baking tray, drizzle with half of the Pride Blend and place the baking tray as close to the element as possible, grill the peppers for +- 15 mins or until the pepper skins are almost completely blackened.
3. Cover the peppers with another sheet of tinfoil, this is to help the skins come off easier. Set aside until cooled and bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil.
4. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute or until al dente, cool the asparagus in a bowl of ice water in order to keep their beautiful green colour locked in.
5. Once the peppers are cooled, using your fingers or a butter knife, scrape off the burned skins and discard. Place the cooked peppers into a food processor with the other half of the Olive Pride Blend, smoked paprika and blend until smooth. Season well and get ready to put the final dish together.
6. To serve, spoon the red pepper sauce over the asparagus, sprinkle the feta cheese over the red pepper sauce and add some flaked smoked snoek and a wedge of lemon.