1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
125g butter or margarine, at room temperature
6 tablespoons Selati white granulated sugar
6 tablespoons Selati brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Put flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Put butter, sugars, and vanilla essence into a separate bowl. Beat until creamy and stir in the flour mixture.
- Roll out the dough and press out bar shapes or any desired cookie shapes . Add the shapes to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cookies are golden and just yielding to the touch. Allow to cool and decorate as desired.
- Fold in 1 bar of chopped chocolate into the dough before pressing out shapes.
- Melt chocolate and dunk half of the baked cookie into the chocolate for decoration. Allow to set
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the cookies as they come out of the oven