4 baby beetroots, peeled
1tbsp. olive oil
1tbsp. balsamic vinegar
50g reduced fat feta cheese
12 small basil leaves
- Using a slicer like a mandolin or a sharp knife, thinly slice the beetroot into 1-2mm slices and place in a bowl. (Wear gloves to do this as you don’t want to be hosting your dinner with pink fingers!)
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil and coat the beetroot with it. Allow to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Choose a large elegant platter or individual plates and place the beetroot in a single layer on the plate.
- Place the raspberries randomly on top of the beetroot.
- Crumble the feta in about 1/2cm nuggets and place it in between the raspberries.
- Rinse and dry the basil leaves and plate them to stand up against the feta or the raspberries.
- Use the left over balsamic marinate and dress the dish.
Finish with a crack of black pepper. (The feta has enough salt, no need to season the dish.)