Bakers® Good Morning Bran Rusks Pecan Nut Pie
Bakers® Good Morning Bran Rusks Pecan Nut Pies
Recipe by Josh Wiid
For the Crust :
½ cup Bakers® Good Morning Bran Rusks ( ground / blended into fine breadcrumb texture )
1 cup Cake Flour
¼ cup Sugar
½ cup Butter, cold and cubed
1 Egg, beaten
For the Filling :
2 cups Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
4 tbsp Butter, melted
80g Brown Sugar
1 ½ tsp Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
· Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. For the crust, place the Bakers® Good Morning Bran Rusks crumbs into a mixing bowl with the flour, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Add the butter cubes, and rub together with the dry ingredients to form “crumbs”
· Add the egg, and work into a soft dough. If the mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon of milk. Form a ball, wrap with plastic and rest for 30 minutes.
· Roll the dough flat with a pin on a dusted surface to about ½ cm thick, then line your baking dish of choice – muffin pans / ramekins / individual pie dishes etc. Prick a few times with a fork, then place in freezer for a further 15 minutes.
· Brush the pastry with egg wash. Par-bake the pastry for roughly 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat. Set aside for filling, reduce oven to 180.
· For the filling, layer the pecan nuts into the dishes being used. Mix and combine the melted butter, sugar, and flour. Combine remaining ingredients and add together, whisking until incorporated.
· Pour the filling over the Pecan Nuts, and bake for roughly 30 minutes until the filling is set and the tops have gone light brown ( put a foil lid on top of the pies if they are browning too quickly ).
· Remove from heat and allow to stand until completely cool before eating ( this allows the filling to set firmly )
· Once fully cooled, slice up and enjoy! Delicious as is or served with ice cream / whipped cream!
See more Recipes:
Warm salads are the perfect solution to grey days.
We mix things up with Clover Cheese triple cooked Hassel backs.
Carrot and orange is a winning combination in Krush, its also makes for a citrus inspire
Today we share a recipe that is not only good for your body, but also great for your po