Recipe by: Keletso
Cooking: 45 min
1 packet ginger biscuits/ digestive biscuits
50g chopped Almonds
50g butter, softened
800 g cream cheese
300 g crème fraîche
180 g castor sugar
40 g cake flour
4 eggspin chcardamom, ground
100g Dark chocolate
30 ml cream Fresh mixed berries to garnish
1. Pre-heat oven 120˚C and line a 28cm cake tin with baking paper.
2. Grind biscuits in a food processor until it resembles crumbs.
3. Add the almonds and butter and mix until it sticks lightly together.
4. Press it in the base of the cake tin, firmly, but not too tight.
6. In a food processor, cream cheese the eggs and the sugar.
7. Add the crème fraîche, cardamom, castor and flour and mix just until incorporated.
8. Pour mixture over base and spin tin to even out mixture.
9. Bake for 1 hour, turn off oven and leave in for 45 minutes.
10. When it has a light wobble in the middle, take it out and refrigerate.
11. Let it cool completely
12. In double boiler melt chocolate add cream! Garnish cooled cake!
13. Top with cut mixed fresh berries