All Gold Cake Pops
All Gold Cake Pops
Apricot and Peach Jam Cake Pops
Serves: 24 Prep Time: 90 MIN
1 box (500g) Golden Cloud vanilla cake mix
250ml (1 cup) milk
180ml (¾ cup) oil
65ml (¼ cup) ALL GOLD PEACH AND APRICOT JAM
1 pkt icing from cake mix box
100g softened butter or margarine
30ml (2 tablespoon) milk
190g each of dark chocolate and white chocolate
Cake pop sticks
Sprinkles, chopped nuts, chocolate vermicelli
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix together vanilla cake mix, milk, oil, eggs and All Gold melon and ginger jam, beat together until smooth.
3. Spoon mixture into baking tin and bake for 45 -55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake.
4. Make butter icing using packet from box and following the instruction.
5. When cake is cool, place in a large bowl. Crumble cake until it resembles fine crumbs. Add 4 tablespoons of the butter icing, a little bit at a time, until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape.
6. Use your hands to incorporate the icing into the cake crumbs. Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out balls of cake mixture.
7. Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate. Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls. Place in a freezer for 20 minutes.
8. Melt brown and white chocolate, in the microwave in 2 separate large cups. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
9. Place all decorations in individual saucers. Remove cake balls from freezer. Insert candy stick into balls. Dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered. Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
10. Add the decorations to the cake pops while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly. Stick the decorated cake pop into a polystyrene block to finish setting. Place into the freezer to speed up setting.