BLUE VIOLIN COMPETITION
BLUE VIOLIN COMPETITION
How to enter:
Cape Town residents, reply to the Competition post that is posted on the Afternoon Express Facebook page (www.facebook.com/afternoonexpress) during the Competition Period by commenting on the post, answering the question “Who would you take if you won 4 tickets to see BLUE VIOLIN presented by the Dance Theatre Africa at Artscape Theatre in Cape Town?”
AFTERNOON EXPRESS AND BLUE VIOLIN COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important clauses which may limit our responsibility, place an obligation on you to indemnify us, involve an acknowledgment of any fact or involve some risk for you will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. The Afternoon Express Blue Violin Competition (“Competition”) will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) Ltd (the Organisers/we/us).
- 1.2. Each person entering the Competition (entrant/you/your) and/or accepting a Prize in terms of this Competition agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on him/her.
- 2. Competition Period
Entries for the Competition will open at 16H30 PM on Friday, 15 March 2019 and will close at 23H59 PM on Sunday, 17 March 2019 (Competition Period).
- 3. Who can enter
- 3.1. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- 3.1.1. you must be a legal, permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa, residing in Cape Town;
- 3.1.2. if you are younger than 18 (eighteen) years of age, you must be assisted by a parent or legal guardian who consents to you entering the competition, as well as your possible acceptance and/or use of the Prize; and
- 3.1.3. you must be a natural person.
- 3.2. Notwithstanding clause 3.1, you are not eligible to enter this Competition if:
- 3.2.1. you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Organisers, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Organisers;
- 3.2.2. you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 3.2.1; or
- 3.2.3. you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- 3.1. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- 4. How to Enter
- 4.1. Cape Town resident, reply to the Competition post that is posted on the Afternoon Express Facebook page (www.facebook.com/afternoonexpress) during the Competition Period by commenting on the post, answering the question “Who would you take if you won 4 tickets to see BLUE VIOLIN presented by the Dance Theatre Africa at Artscape Theatre in Cape Town?” Once you meet the requirements set out in clause 3 above and this clause 4, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- 4.2. There is no restriction on the number of times you may enter, provided that each entry is unique (i.e. not the same answer).
- 4.3. No automated entries will be allowed. Entries must be made manually by a natural person.
- 4.4. If your entry is submitted in a manner that in the sole discretion of the Organisers will provide you with an unfair advantage over other entrants, you will be disqualified from the Competition.
- 4.5. You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
- 5. How the Winner is determined
- 5.1. A random draw will take place within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the Competition Period closing, to select 2 (two) random people from all valid entries, each as a Winner of the Prize (Winner). Any attempt to contact the Organisers to influence or attempt to influence who the Winner is, will result in immediate automatic disqualification.
- 5.2. We will notify each Winner by commenting on the Winners’ entry posts within 24 (twenty-four) hours from determination of the Winners to request a copy of the Winners’ identification documents in order to validate their entries and to request further contact details. The Winners will be required to provide an electronic copy of their identification documents within 3 (three) days from being requested by us to do so, failing which the Winner(s) will forfeit the Prize and have no claim against us.
- 5.3. If a Winner does not reply to the notification message sent by us within 3 (three) days of it being sent by us, that Winner will forfeit the Prize and will have no claim against us. In the event of a forfeiture as contemplated herein, we shall have the right to select a different entrant as the Winner on the same conditions.
- 5.4. The Winners may also be announced live on Afternoon Express once the Winners are confirmed.
- 6. The Prize
- 6.1. Each Winner will receive 4 (four) x tickets to BLUE VIOLIN presented by the Dance Theatre Africa at Artscape Theatre in Cape Town for 1 (one) show between 28 to 30 March 2019, to the value of R150.00 per ticket (one hundred and fifty rand) (Prize).
- 6.2. The Prize excludes all items not mentioned in clause 6.1 and may differ from images or items used in marketing material for the Competition.
- 6.3. We will contact the Winners to receive all necessary information to deliver the Prize and the Prize shall be delivered to each Winner at an address within the Republic of South Africa within 8 (eight) weeks from confirmation of the Winner.
- 6.4. The Prize, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash, nor any other item. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- 7. General
- 7.1. Any reference to the Organisers/we/us/our includes the directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants of the Organisers, where the context allows for it.
- 7.2. A Winner will only be confirmed once a valid copy of his/her identification document is received and a validation process has taken place.
- 7.3. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and Competition rules should it be deemed necessary in our sole discretion at any time during the Competition Period.
- 7.4. The Organisers' decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 7.5. Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prize or we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prize, we reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Winner.
- 7.6. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the Organisers in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- 7.7. We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry as well as to contact you to offer you products and, if you are a Winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to us processing your personal information for these purposes and you specifically and expressly consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes.
- 7.8. We assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or the Winner not successfully receiving or taking up the Prize. Once the Winner accepts the Prize, the Winner accepts the Prize at his/her own risk.
- 7.9. We assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or use of any Prize awarded in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising. Each person entering this Competition, hereby indemnifies and holds us harmless from and against any loss, claim, action, damage, harm, injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) or expense suffered or sustained by the entrant, or by any third party, pursuant to or arising out of the entrant’s participation in this Competition or use of the Prize as the case may be.
- 7.10. If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.
- 7.11. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook and any correspondence related to the Competition should be directed at us and not Facebook.