LG and OMO Auto Competition
Afternoon Express LG and OMO Auto Competition
How to enter:
Reply to the LG and OMO Auto Competition post that is posted on the Afternoon Express Facebook page (www.facebook.com/afternoonexpress) during the Competition Period and answer the competition question, “Why would you love to Win a Omo Auto Washing Detergent Hamper valued at R1000.00?”, and ‘Like’ the Expresso Facebook page if you have not done so previously.
AFTERNOON EXPRESS LG AND OMO AUTO COMPETITION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important clauses which may limit the Promoters’ responsibility, place an obligation on you to indemnify the Promoters, involve an acknowledgment of any fact or involve some risk for you will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- The Afternoon Express LG and OMO Auto Competition (Competition) will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) (the Organizers/we/us).
- Each person entering the Competition (entrants/you/your) and/or accepting a Prize in terms of this Competition agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on him/her.
- Competition Period
Entries for the Competition will open at 16h30 on Monday, 22 April 2019 and will close at 23h59 on Friday, 26 April 2019 (Competition Period).
- Who can enter
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- you must be a legal, permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- you must be at least 13 (thirteen) years of age or older (if younger than 18 (eighteen) years of age, you must be assisted by your parent or legal guardian who consents to you entering this Competition and your possible acceptance and/or use of the Prize; and
- you must be a natural person.
- Notwithstanding clause 3.1, you are not eligible to enter this Competition if:
- you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoters, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters;
- you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 3.2.1; or
- you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- How to Enter
- To enter, you must:
- Reply to the LG and OMO Auto Competition post that is posted on the Afternoon Express Facebook page (www.facebook.com/afternoonexpress) during the Competition Period and answer the competition question, “Why would you love to Win a Omo Auto Washing Detergent Hamper valued at R1000.00?”, and
- ‘Like’ the Expresso Facebook page if you have not done so previously.
- To enter, you must:
- Once you meet the requirements set out in clause 3 above and this clause 4, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- There is no restriction on the number of times you may enter, provided that each entry is unique (i.e. not the same answer).
- No automated entries will be allowed. Entries must be made manually by a natural person.
- If your entry is submitted in a manner that in the sole discretion of the Promoters will provide you with an unfair advantage over other entrants, you will be disqualified from the Competition.
- You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
- How the winners are determined
- You acknowledge and accept that determination of the Winner will be at sole and unfettered discretion of the judges subject to clauses 5.2 and 7.2.
- The Promoters will notify the Winners by commenting on the Winner’s entry post within 6 (six) hours from determination of the Winner to request a copy of the Winner’s identification document in order to validate his/her entry and to request further contact details. The Winner will be required to provide an electronic copy of his/her identification document within 3 (three) days from being requested by us to do so, failing which the Winner will forfeit the Prize and have no claim against us.
- If a Winner does not reply to the notification message within 6 (six) hours from it being sent by the Promoters, that Winner will forfeit the Prize and will have no claim against the Promoters. In the event of a forfeiture as contemplated herein, the Promoters shall have the right to select a different entrant on the same conditions, except that the Promoters will only be required to make 1 (one) attempt to contact each further Winner drawn.
- The Winner may be announced on Afernoon Express and its digital media sites.
- The Prizes
- The Winner will receive an OMO Auto Washing Detergent hamper valued at R1000.00 one thousand rand) (Prize).
- The Prize excludes all items not mentioned in clause 6.1 and may differ from images or items used in marketing material for the Competition.
- The Promoters will contact the Winner to receive all necessary information to deliver the Prize and the Prize shall be delivered to the Winner at an address within the Republic of South Africa within 6 (six) weeks from confirmation of the Winner.
- The Prize, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash, nor any other item. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- Any reference to the Promoters includes the directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants of the Promoters, where the context allows for it.
- The Winner will only be confirmed once a valid copy of his/her identification document is received and a validation process has taken place.
- The Promoters’ decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into except where otherwise provided for in the Consumer Protection Act.
- Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prize or we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prize, the Promoters reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Winner.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- The Promoters will need to process your personal information to validate your entry as well as to contact you to offer you products and, if you are a Winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to the Promoters processing your personal information for these purposes and you specifically and expressly consent to the Promoters contacting you for marketing purposes.
- The Promoters assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or the Winner not successfully receiving or taking up the Prize. Once the Winner accepts the Prize, the Winner accepts the Prize at his/her own risk.
- The Promoters assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or any Prize awarded in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising. All persons, whilst participating in this Competition, indemnify and hold the Promoters harmless for any loss, damage, harm or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained as a result of any claim, costs, expense, loss or damages which may be made by any third party.
- If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, the Promoters will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against the Promoters and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoters.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook and any correspondence related to the Competition should be directed at the Promoters and