Win with David Jones
Stand a chance to attend the David Jones styling workshop
Afternoon Express and Woolworths are giving you the chance to win a set of double tickets to attend the sophisticated David Jones Styling Workshop this Thursday at the Sandton City Woolworths store.
Comment on the Afternoon Express competition post on Facebook telling us what is on your David Jones wishlist and how you would describe your personal style.
Competition opens: Monday 24 October 17:00
Competition closes: Monday 24 October at 23:59
Terms and conditions apply
AFTERNOON EXPRESS WOOLWORTHS DAVID JONES STYLING WORKSHOP COMPETITION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important clauses which may limit our responsibility, place an obligation on you to indemnify us, involve an acknowledgment of any fact or involve some risk for you will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- The Afternoon Express Woolworths David Jones Styling Workshop Competition (Competition) will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) Ltd in association with Woolworths Pty Ltd (Organisers/we/us/our).
- Each person entering the Competition (entrants/you/your) and/or accepting a Prize in terms of this Competition agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on him/her.
- Competition Period
Entries for the Competition will open at 17h00 on Monday, 24 October 2016 and will close at 23h59 on Monday, 24 October 2016 (Competition Period).
- Who can enter
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- you must be a legal, permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- you must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age or older; and
- you must be a natural person.
- Notwithstanding clause 3.1, you are not eligible to enter this Competition if:
- you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Organisers, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Organisers;
- you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 3.2.1; or
- you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- How to Enter
- Reply to the following Competition question that will be posted on the Afternoon Express Facebook page during the Competition Period - "What are the items on your David Jones Wish list." - Share your David Jones wish list and describe what your signature style is. Include the #DavidJones hashtag to enter. Creativity and uniqueness will be used as a guide for selecting the winners.
- Once you meet the requirements set out in clause 3 above and this clause 4, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- There is no restriction on the number of times you may enter, provided that each entry is unique (i.e. not the same picture and motivation).
- You warrant that the entry post is your own and that you have right to all information included on your entry.
- No automated entries will be allowed. Entries must be made manually by a natural person.
- If your entry is submitted in a manner that in the sole discretion of the Organisers will provide you with an unfair advantage over other entrants, you will be disqualified from the Competition.
- You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
- How the winners are determined
- A panel of judges, who are appointed by us, will select 1 (one) person (Winner) from all valid entries received on 25 October 2016 as the winner of a Prize herein, subject to clauses 5.2 and 7.2:
- The Winner will be the entrant who is determined in the sole and unfettered discretion of the judges as the entrants who submitted the most entertaining answer in his/her entry.
- We will notify the Winner by commenting on his/her entry post by 15h00 on Tuesday, 25 October 2016 to request further contact details and a copy of his/her identification document in order to validate his/her entry. The Winner shall be required to provide an electronic copy of his/her identification document by 12h00 on Wednesday, 26 October 2016, failing which the Winner will be disqualified.
- If a Winner does not reply to the notification message sent by us by 12h00 on Wednesday, 26 October 2016, that Winner will be disqualified. In the event of a disqualification as contemplated herein, we shall have the right to select a different entrant on the same conditions except that such a winner has to reply to our notification within 2 (two) hours of it being submitted by us.
- The Winner will also be announced live on Afternoon Express once the Winner is confirmed.
- The Prizes
- The Winner will receive a set of 2 (two) tickets for the WInner and a guest to attend the Woolworths / David Jones Styling Workshop at Sandton City Woolworths, Johannesburg at 18h00 on Thursday, 27 October 2016 (Prize).
- The Prize excludes all items not mentioned in clause 6.1. The Winner is required to make own arrangements to attend the workshop.
- We Winners details will be added to the guest list for the workshop. The Winner will be required to show his/her identification document on arrival at the workshop in order to redeem the Prize.
- The Prize, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash any other item. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- Any reference to the Organisers/we/us/our includes the directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants of the Organisers, where the context allows for it.
- The Winner will only be confirmed once a valid copy of his/her identification document is received and a validation process has taken place.
- The Organisers' decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prize or we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prize, we reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Winner.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the Organisers in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry as well as to contact you to offer you a Woolworths product and, if you are a Winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you specifically consent to us processing your personal information for these purposes and you specifically consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes.
- We assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or the Winner not successfully receiving or taking up the Prize. Once the Winner accepts the Prize, the Winner accepts the Prize voetstoots and at his/her own risk.
- We assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or any Prize awarded in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising. All persons, whilst participating in this Competition, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damage, harm or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained as a result of any claim, costs, expense, loss or damages which may be made by any third party.
- If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook and any correspondence related to the Competition should be directed at us and not Facebook.