Decorex Joburg Tickets Competition
Decorex Tickets Competition
How to enter:
SMS the keyword "WIN" followed by your name and city to 33650
Competition opens: 5 August 2017 at 06:00
Competition ends: 9 August 2017 at 23:59 Terms and Conditions Apply.
AFTERNOON EXPRESS DECOREX TICKETS COMPETITION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important clauses which may limit our responsibility, place an obligation on you to indemnify us, involve an acknowledgment of any fact or involve some risk for you will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. The Afternoon Express Decorex Tickets Competition (Competition) will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) Ltd in association with Decorex SA (Organisers/we/us/our).
(collectively the organisers/we/us/ours)
- 1.2. Each person entering the Competition (entrants/you/your) and/or accepting a prize in terms of this Competition agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on him/her.
- 2. Competition Period
Entries for the Competition will open at 6h00 on Saturday, 5 August 2017 and will close at 23h59 on Wednesday, 9 August 2017 (Competition Period).
- 3. Who can enter
- 3.1. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- 3.1.1. you must be a legal, permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- 3.1.2. if you are younger than 18 (eighteen) years of age, you must be assisted by a parent or legal guardian who approves of, and consents to you entering the Competition and your possession and use of the Prize, should you be selected as a winner herein; and
- 3.1.3. you must be a natural person.
- 3.2. Notwithstanding clause 3.1, you are not eligible to enter this Competition if:
- 3.2.1. you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the organisers of the Competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the organisers;
- 3.2.2. you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 3.2.1; or
- 3.2.3. you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- 3.1. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- 4. How to Enter
- 4.1. SMS the keyword "WIN" followed by your name and city to 33650 within the Competition Period.
- 4.2. Once you meet the requirements set out in clause 3 above and this clause 4, you will automatically be entered into the prize draw.
- 4.3. You may enter the Competition as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning.
- 4.4. SMS' will be charged at R 1.50 (one rand and fifty cents) per SMS entry. Free or bundled SMS' do not apply.
- 5. How the winners are determined
- 5.1. We will randomly draw 40 (forty) persons (Winners) from all valid entries by means of an automated system within 12 (twelve) hours from the closing date of the Competition Period. Late entries will not be considered.
- 5.2. We will contact the Winners within 12 (twelve) hours from the prize draw on the cell phone numbers from which the entries were sent. If a Winner is not contactable within 12 (twelve) hours from the prize draw, and after we have made at least 3 (three) attempts to contact the Winner, that Winner will forfeit the prize and we shall have the right to select a different Winner on the same conditions except that we shall only be required to make 1 (one) attempt to contact each further Winner drawn.
- 5.3. The Winner will be required to provide a copy of his/her Identification Document as required in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008. If the Winner fails to provide a copy of his/her Identification Document within 1 (one) day from being requested to do so, the Winner will forfeit the Prize and shall have no claim against us.
- 6. The Prize
- 6.1. Each Winner will receive tickets for 2 (two) persons to attend any 1 (one) day of at the Decorex Johannesburg Exhibition at the Gallagher Convention Centre between 11 and 13 August 2017 (Prize/Tickets). The use of the Tickets will be subject to standard terms and conditions for admission to the Decorex Johannesburg Exhibition as promulgated by Decorex.
- 6.2. The Prize is limited to the Tickets only and excludes all items not mentioned in clause 6.1. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Prize does not include any travel or extras.
- 6.3. The Winners will be required to collect the Tickets at the media counter at the entrance of the Decorex Johannesburg Exhibition between 11 and 13 August 2017.
- 6.4. The Prize, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash any other item. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- 7. General
- 7.1. Any reference to the organisers includes the directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of the organisers, where the context allows for it.
- 7.2. In case of a dispute regarding the identity of a Winner herein, the owner of the SIM card used to enter the Competition will be deemed the Winner, even though the handset may have been used by another individual to enter the Competition.
- 7.3. The organisers' decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 7.4. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions within the Competition Period should it be deemed necessary in our sole and unfettered discretion.
- 7.5. Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prize or we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prize, we reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Winner.
- 7.6. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the organisers in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- 7.7.We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions during the Competition Period at our sole and unfettered discretion should we deem it necessary for any reason.
- 7.8. We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry, to contact you for marketing purposes, as well as to contact you, if you are a Winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to us processing your personal information for these purposes.
- 7.9. We assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or the Winner not successfully receiving or taking up the Prize.
- 7.10. Once the Winners accept the Prize, such Winners accept such Prize voetstoots and at their own risk.
- 7.11. We assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or any use of the Prize awarded in terms of the Competition. All persons, entering this Competition, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damage, harm, death or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained as a result of his/her participation in this Competition and/or his/her use of the Prize, or the use of the Prize by a third party.
- 7.12. If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.