Afternoon Express: Clover Classic competition
Afternoon Express: Clover Classic Competition
How to enter:
Competition opens: 23 October 2017 at 16:00
Competition closes: 13 November 2017 at 23:59 Terms and Conditions Apply.
AFTERNOON EXPRESS: CLOVER CLASSIC COMPETITION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Important clauses which may limit our responsibility, place an obligation on you to indemnify us, involve an acknowledgment of any fact or involve some risk for you will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. The Afternoon Express: Clover Classic competition (Competition) will be run by Cardova Trading (Pty) Ltd in association with Clover S.A. (Pty) Ltd. (Organisers/we/us/our).
- 1.2. Each person entering the Competition (entrants/you/your) and/or accepting a Prize in terms of this Competition agrees and accepts that the Competition rules as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on him/her.
- 2. Competition Period
Entries for the Competition will open at 16h00 on Monday, 23 October 2017 and will close at 23h59 on Monday 13 November (Competition Period).
- 3. Who can enter
- 3.1. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- 3.1.1. you must be a legal, permanent resident of the Republic of South Africa;
- 3.1.2. you must be at least 13 (thirteen) years of age or older;
- 3.1.3. if you are younger that 18 (eighteen) years of age, you must be assisted by a parent/legal guardian, who approves of, and consents to you entering the Competition and to your possession and use of the prize; and
- 3.1.4. you must be a natural person.
- 3.2. Notwithstanding clause 3.1, you are not eligible to enter this Competition if:
- 3.2.1. you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Organisers, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Organisers;
- 3.2.2. you are an immediate family member of any of the persons specified in clause 3.2.1; or
- 3.2.3. you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition.
- 3.1. In order to be eligible to enter the Competition:
- 4. How to Enter
- 4.1. To enter you must:
- 4.1.1. Like the Afternoon Express Facebook page (if you have not already done so previously);
- 4.1.2. Reply to the Afternoon Express: Clover Classic Custard post on the Afternoon express Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/afternoonexpress/) during the Competition Period by posting a picture of yourself holding a box of Clover Classic custard and a dish you prepared using Clover Classic Custard and include a short description of what you have made.
- 4.2. You may enter more than once for this Competition provided that each entry is unique (i.e. you cannot post the same dish).
- 4.3. Once you meet the requirements set out in clause 3 above and this clause 4, you will automatically be entered into the Competition.
- 4.4. No automated entries will be allowed. Entries must be made manually by a natural person.
- 4.5. If your entry is submitted in a manner that in the sole discretion of the Organisers will provide you with an unfair advantage over other entrants, you will be disqualified from the Competition.
- 4.6. You are required to attend to the cost for your entry, including standard internet costs.
- 4.1. To enter you must:
- 5. How the winners are determined
- 5.1. We will select 1 (one) person (Winner) from all correct entries received as the winner of the prizes herein. The winning dish will be picked based originality and visual appeal. (Tip: try not to copy recipes that were recently featured on Afternoon Express as it will not be considered to be original). The Winner will be determined within 3 (three) days from the closing date of the Competition. The Winner will be determined in our sole and unfettered discretion and will be subject to clauses 5.2 and 7.2.
- 5.2. We will notify the Winner by commenting on the Winner’s entry post within 24 (twenty-four) hours from determination of the Winner to request a copies of the Winner’s identification document in order to validate his/her entry and to request further contact details. Each Winner will be required to provide an electronic copy of his/her identification document within 3 (three) days from being requested by us, failing which the Winner will forfeit the Prize and have no claim against us.
- 5.3. If a Winner does not reply to the notification message sent by us by within 3 (three) days from it being sent by us, that Winner will forfeit the Prize and will have no claim against us. In the event of a forfeiture as contemplated herein, we shall have the right to select a different entrant on the same conditions.
- 5.4. The Winners may also be announced live on Afternoon Express once the Winners are confirmed.
- 6. The Prizes
- 6.1. The Winner will receive a chance to appear as a guest chef on the Afternoon Express show to make their recipe. In addition, they will also win a Clover hamper to the value of R 1 000.00 (one thousand rand) (Prize).
- 6.2. The Prize excludes all items not specifically mentioned in clause 6.1 and may differ from images or items used in marketing material for the Competition.
- 6.3. We will contact the Winner to receive all necessary information to deliver the Prize and the Prize shall be delivered to the Winner at an address within the Republic of South Africa within 20 (twenty) business days from confirmation of the Winner. We will provide all necessary details regarding the appearance on Afternoon Express.
- 6.4. The Prize, or any part thereof, may not be exchanged for cash any other item. Prizes are not transferable. We reserve the right to substitute the Prize, or part thereof, with any other prize of a similar commercial value.
- 7. General
- 7.1. Any reference to the Organisers/we/us/our includes the directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants of the Organisers, where the context allows for it.
- 7.2. The Winner will only be confirmed once a valid copy of his/her identification document is received and a validation process has taken place.
- 7.3. We reserve the right to cancel this Competition and / or to amend these terms and conditions at any time during the Competition Period and at our sole discretion.
- 7.4. The Organisers' decision regarding any matter concerning the Competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions, including the determination of the Winner, is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 7.5. Where relevant, if a Winner does not accept the Prize as required herein, if an entry is not valid for whatever reason, if a Winner has breached these terms and conditions, if a Winner renounces the Prize or we deem such Winner to have renounced the Prize, we reserve the right to declare the Prize forfeited and/or choose a new Winner.
- 7.6. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrants or the Organisers in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
- 7.7. We will need to process your personal information to validate your entry as well as to contact you to offer you products and, if you are a Winner, to make the Prize available to you. By entering this Competition, you specifically and expressly consent to us processing your personal information for these purposes and you specifically and expressly consent to us contacting you for marketing purposes.
- 7.8. We assume no risk and/or liability whatsoever for the failure of any technical element in the Competition which may result in your entry not being successfully submitted and/or the Winner not successfully receiving or taking up the Prize.
- 7.9. Once the Winner accepts the Prize, the Winner accepts the Prize at his/her own risk.
- 7. 10. We assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, harm or damage arising from your participation and/or any Prize awarded in the Competition or for any loss or damage, howsoever arising. All persons, whilst participating in this Competition, indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, damage, harm or injury (whether arising from negligence or otherwise) which may be sustained as a result of any claim, costs, expense, loss or damages which may be made by any third party.
- 7.11. If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to modify or terminate this Competition with immediate effect and without notice of such modification or termination. In such event, all entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.
- 7.12. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook and any correspondence related to the Competition should be directed at us and not Facebook.